Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE)
The New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) is committed to New York State’s goal of providing greater opportunities to Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE). Minority and women owned businesses are encouraged to become certified as such with New York State.
- Minority and Women Owned Business Training Module – A learning resource for all potential OTDA contractors and vendors offering information on MWBE requirements. The training is helpful whether you are MBWE certified, in the process of being certified or not certified. If you have questions please call OTDA’s MWBE program management unit at 212-961-8214.
- NYS Division of Minority and Women Owned Businesses Development - For information on how to qualify your firm as a certified MWBE visit this Empire State Development website or call OTDA’s MWBE Liaison at 212-961-8214 for more information.
- NYS Directory of Certified Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises - Once certified, a company is officially recognized by all State agencies and most authorities as a bona fide MWBE. Certified companies are listed in the directory that is used by State agencies public authorities, federal government, and major corporations.
- New York State Surety Bond Assistance Program - The New York State Surety Bond Assistance Program provides critical credit, training and technical assistance support to qualified New York small businesses or Minority Women-owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs) to help them secure surety bonds for State contracting.
- Empire State Development’s Division for Small Business – Represents the interests of small businesses and supports the development and expansion of small businesses with under 100 employees.
- MWBE and EEO Participation Standards - Information on OTDA’s MWBE policies and responsibility when contracting for services and supplies, and contractors’ obligations to OTDA.
- MWBE and EEO Vendor Information Packet - A resource guide for potential OTDA contractors outlining the importance of MWBE participation and EEO in State contracts.
- OTDA Contract and Grant Opportunities – Information on OTDA procurements and to sign up for our bidders list.